This is the beginning of my journey, one I feel I'm destined to go far in. I'm determined I will, it's something I don't feel I can give up. It's writing. With every person that clicks on this page, every person who reads my work, every person that becomes a follower and every person that gladly comments, I thank you. Because you are making me a better writer every time.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sun Aware, Story of Skin Cancers

i lay on the beach,
sun on my skin,
it will burn
and it will sting

but thats my fault,
the price I pay,
to get a tan,
the unhealthy way

they say there's skin cancers,
but i bet they're real rare,
i bet i wont get them,
so i don't care

spray-on tans make me orange,
that's happened before,
so i don't use spray-on tan,
at all anymore

id much rather spend,
my summer days,
getting a tan,
the natural way

by laying on the beach,
and feeling my skin,
sting and peel
and the tan that it brings

but now i'm thirty,
i'm still pretty young,
but ive got a skin cancer,
probably from the sun

'we can only do so much',
the doctors say,
you should've worn sunscreen,
while laying in the bay

so now i cry,
because my chance is low,
and now i am sick,
because of what i now know

i should've listened to mum
and worn sunscreen,
i should've been protected,
from the harmful sun beam

but i didn't listen,
and i chose this way,
so now for what's been done,
i must pay

SLIP SLOP SLAP
Be careful in the sun. Look after your skin! You've only got one chance!


No comments:

Post a Comment